Manual Manifesto: We Follow Your Owner’s Manual For Maintenance
Owner’s manual…what’s that?
If you are like many car owners your owner’s manual has been in your glove box, unused and untouched since the day you drove off the lot. Luckily for you, we’ve got it covered.
Your vehicle’s individual service requirements are as unique as their owner. From the smallest cars to the biggest pick up trucks, each make and model has a specific set of maintenance requirements set forth by the manufacturer. Luckily, it’s not something you have to read up on! With Jiffy Lube you can drive on with comfort and confidence knowing that your car is receiving just what it needs.
All of our trusted Jiffy Lube technicians undergo extensive training on all of the products and services offered in-house at our locations. Each and every employee that services your vehicle completes training courses on products such as lubricants and fluids, including how they work within your vehicle’s mechanical system in order to keep it running in tiptop shape.
Your vehicle drives on the road, not in a test facility. Therefore, the vast majority of our knowledge is implemented in real-life and real-time scenarios. What does this mean for you? Jiffy Lube Service Advisors take the guesswork out of understanding your vehicle’s required maintenance, and through their vast amount of hands on experience can educate you on the steps necessary to prevent, maintain and fix service issues with your vehicle.
Here at Jiffy Lube, service according to your owner’s manual is automatic. Let’s go through a step by step scenario of how a typical Signature Service oil change at Jiffy Lube would go.
- Drive In: When you arrive at your local Jiffy Lube location, you will be greeted by a friendly and knowledgeable Service Advisor who will guide you into our service bay.
- Getting to Know You: Whether this is the first time you’ve been to Jiffy Lube or if you are one of the 24 million people who trust us with their vehicles every year, we want to know more about your car care needs. If you have been here before we will pull up your vehicle’s service history, if not we will setup your vehicle’s profile in our system. In a Jiffy.
- Automatic Assessment: Once we have established your profile, our automatic owners manual goes to work. While completing your oil change we also conduct a multi-point vehicle inspection that includes checking tire pressure, putting your battery to the test, assessing coolant strength and much more.
- Fluid Motions: There is never any guesswork. Your Jiffy Lube Service Advisor will utilize your odometer reading and owner’s manual requirements to gauge whether the fluids and systems in your vehicle are due for service.
- Tech Talk: Before the oil change is complete you will have the opportunity to talk with your Service Advisor about your vehicle and the service findings. Making car care easy is our mantra, and we do just that. Your Service Advisor will run through your vehicle’s service with you, describing the condition of everything from your wiper blades to your air filter – which you actually get to see up close!
- Ready Set Report: During this one to one talk with your Jiffy Lube Service Advisor, you will get to see clearly illustrated graphics of the recommended service items pulled directly from your owners manual. Your vehicle’s service requirements are rated in the same fashion as a stoplight. Green means that the service has been completed or that it does not need to be performed. Yellow shows you what services may be on the horizon — i.e. what particular services you may need in the near future. Last but not least, red indicates that your vehicle is past due for this service, or that it should be done immediately to ensure your vehicle keeps rolling forward with no roadblocks.
- Optional Options: We’re here to present the facts, but leave the final choice up to you. If you’re happy, we’re happy! At Jiffy Lube we appreciate you and your vehicle, and show it by giving you the most comprehensive vehicle report we can, so that you can confidently make an informed decision on the extent of service your car receives. Now that’s easy!
- Drive On: Once your vehicle’s service is complete you can drive on knowing your car is ready to shift into high gear!
In A Jiffy
We understand that your car is your co-pilot as you journey from destination to destination, and we want to get you back on the road, well…in a Jiffy. Since a ‘jiffy’ is an actual measurement of time, approximately 33.3564 picoseconds to be exact, it was only natural for us to provide fast service. Although it may not be humanly possible we are working on getting our Signature Service oil change down to a jiffy. You can be confident that you will Drive In. Drive On. – before you know it.
We don’t like to show off…okay, well maybe a little. Drive into your local Jiffy Lube today and we would be happy to walk you through your vehicle’s owner’s manual required services. Your tuned-in technician will be happy to answer any and all service related questions.
Drive In. Drive On.